Wellington Music Education Trust’s (WMET) purpose is to facilitate music outreach and education in the greater Wellington region, aimed at but not limited to primary and high school students. The trust encourages the highest level of music making predominantly in the field of classical music in a secure, creative and supportive community environment.
What we do
- Promote and enable education in the fine arts
- Maintain and lease instruments to our students
- Provide scholarships to those who require financial assistance
- Provide scholarships to those showing outstanding ability and merit
- Collaborate with local trusts, schools and organizations
- Host recitals to create performance opportunities for students
- Summer programmes, music camps, and performances for all New Zealanders
Music is for everyone, and it's our vision to make our programmes accessible to all New Zealanders
WMET relies on private donations to generate scholarships, insure, repair and maintain our instrument library and buy instruments for our students. Find out how you can support the next generation.